[Imc-tech] Re: [Imc] DSL line fixed:

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Thu Apr 1 10:45:17 CST 2004

Arun Bhalla wrote:
> I wonder if there's something wrong with our setup at the IMC, like
> bad/dirty power or more ventilation or something like that.

The Sol Tec guy said that those Speedstreams (5861 or whatever it is
we all have) are really sensitive to power fluctuations. The problem
was that there were no other solid routers compatible with Sol Tec's
DSLAM until now. Now we have a Zoom router that Joe assures me is as
good as the Speedstream was.

I'm certain there are heat issues in that closet. The IMC is automatic
death for sensitive hardware on the heat front. I'm amazed we haven't
lost more hardware than we have.

We should get a UPS to put all that hardware on.