[Imc-tech] A Couple of Website Editing Updates

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 16 23:02:50 CST 2004

At tonight's Steering meeting, I got consensus for the following minor
changes in editing policy.

1. In hiding comments made to Features that violate our policies, it's
OK to use the "delete" option, which hides them from view by anyone
except those of us with editor privileges. This is one step short of
"delete/purge" -- which completely deletes an item -- but is needed
because we're still having comments that were hidden showing publicly
for some users. I only recall such complaints about this with Features,
so I'm thinking it's a bug in Dada. If anyone has any ideas on how to
fix this or concerns about it, let me know.

2. I asked that the "delete" option also be applied to DAN Disinfo
postings that I'm certain are his. Sometimes, it's a judgment call and
I'll leave those as simply "hidden," but after two+ years, DAN deserves
further discouragement from using UC IMC for his spew. Again, please let
me know of any concerns, as I know others who might want input were not
there tonight.
Mike Lehman