[UCIMC-Finance] Re: [Imc-tech] server update

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Dec 23 13:56:27 CST 2004

> Assuming that the IMC account was pre-paid through the end of the month
> (and not a date earlier than Dec. 31), I would say that we should do a
> chargeback to Soltec for a prorated amount based on their failure to
> deliver service for the whole month. Mike Lehman

not just chargeback, we should get a serious refund.  they cancelled
service without 30 days notice, then cancelled it even earlier.  this
caused all sorts of havoc, including shutting down all our Internet
communications services right before christmas for a huge constituency.
they should be thankful we don't sue their ass.  the IMC is now offline --
which means we need to come up with some other way to get Internet
connectivity to our community center.  anyone want to call up Sol Tec and
demand a refund?  personally, i think we should go for several months
refund, but maybe that's just me.

--sascha