[Imc-tech] anti-spam measures increased

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Fri Jun 11 03:11:17 CDT 2004

I've increased the anti-spam measures on the chambana.net/cu.groogroo server.

I fixed bayesian filtering which was broken by the recent Perl upgrade.

I installed new filters from RulesDuJour.
http://www.exit0.us/index.php/RulesDuJour

I installed clamav (an open source anti virus scanner) and integrated it
with amavisd.
http://www.clamav.net/

I switched from procmail+spamd to amavisd-new which integrates more
cleanly with postfix and clamav.
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

Hopefully you should see a reduced rate of spam compared to the peak
we've seen in the past week or so (note that even with baysian
filtering disabled we were preventing the delivery of literally
thousands of spams per day).