[Imc-tech] mailman unclogged

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Tue Mar 16 02:14:31 CST 2004

As you can see, after about 5 hours of debugging time I have unclogged
mailman which has been basically bogged down since yesterday.

The culprit was that I hadn't included 127.0.0.0/8 in the "mynetworks"
directive in postfix's main.cf yesterday when I configured that so
mail from mailman which was being sent via SMTP to localhost was being
blocked by postfix. Luckily everything was queued by mailman and is
now being safely delivered. Luckily postfix handles high volumes well.

While I was at it, I upgraded the kernel 2.4.25 and did minor upgrades
to mailman and python.