[Imc-tech] Accounts on G4 Video Mac

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 11 22:53:02 CST 2004

Hello all,

The Video Group has been having trouble with files going missing and
settings getting messed up on the G4 Mac used for video in the
production room.

So tonight I activated accounts and passwords to use the machine,
similar to the accounts necessary to use the audio production PCs.

If you need to use the machine please e-mail the video group and we'll
set up an account. If you already have files on the machine, let us know
where they are and we can attach them to your account and also thereby
protect them for you.

The login screen of this Mac displays a message with these instructions,
and there is a guest account that allows access to things like web
browsers and word processors (though I don't actually thing there's a
working net connection to that machine at this moment).

--Paul