[Imc-tech] Email Slowdown

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Fri Oct 1 14:58:30 CDT 2004

Some of you may have noticed a major slow down in the delivery of
email this morning. Because it is the first of the month, all
19000 (!) subscribers to our email lists got a message all at once.

Needless to say this slowed down the delivery of mail. There are
currently 900 messages left in the queue. I've sped up the delivery
significantly by having it process 15 messages at once instead of just
1. The queue should be cleared within 20 minutes.

I am going to look into disabling the monthly notifications for the
email lists with the most members, and unsubscribing list
subscriptions that are bouncing.

--
Zachary C. Miller - @= - Vote for Greens for Champaign County Board!
  Zach Miller   - District 9 (Urbana)    - http://votezach.org

(Political endorsements in my .sig are mine and mine alone and do not
represent the views of the UC-IMC, the CU Wireless project, OJC
Technologies, WEFT, or any other organization that I may be
representing in the body of my email.)