[Imc-tech] Re: IMC email verification notice

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 15 16:19:54 CDT 2004

Hi Shelley,
The email verification system is a weak spot. Sometimes it works;
sometimes it just confuses people (and us!)

The best thing to do is attempt to verify if you want to, but accept
that it may or may not work for any individual article.

The main thing it's there for, other than adding to your credibility if
you're writing a news article, is so that people can't pose as you by
posting under your name. As the notification says, we'll be happy to do
what we can if that happens - just let us know.

We hope this bug is fixed in the next version of the software that runs
the site (dada).
Mike Lehman