[Imc-tech] file server

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Tue Jan 25 13:06:20 CST 2005

Dewey has pretty deep problems and is basically just hobbling
along. It's had multiple hard crashes that have taken much manual
FSCKing to fix. There are numerous IO errors on the console.

On my lengthy list of things to do for IMC tech building a replacement
for Dewey with some new disks. If anyone else wants to jump in and put
together a samba file and print server running the OS of your choice,
please do! The IMC can probably buy a large new disc if we can
scrounge a machine to host it.

I've been avoiding this task until such time as we've restored net at
the IMC which should be "soon" (the plan is to get the CU Wireless net
back up and running and share bandwidth from my house (which I just
got) with the IMC).

Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/