[Imc-web] Re: [Imc-tech] Temporarily Shutting Down Comments?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 23 21:57:41 CDT 2005

Arun and everyone else looking into things,
I realized it was probably going to be a mess when the poker spam
started. I tend to agree the CAPTCHas are probably the only solution
that is really viable. Thanks for all your work and maybe a solution
will appear -- the problem certainly rates it.

Basically, manual deletion is just more trouble than the time spent is
worth. I estimate approximately 2,100 spams since I quit deleting them a
couple of days ago, by looking at the Latest Comments page and clicking
back until I get to the point where it becomes nearly all spam. We could
deputize a whole posse, but most people will get tired of this dreary
exercise pretty quick so I don't think it is a viable solution for now.

As for our other problem area, well, he's had several hints he's just a
hemmorhoid we could flick off anytime we really wanted to and he also
reads the list mail, so he'll have no one to blame but himself if push
ever comes to shove. I kind of hope he keeps pissing into this poker
wind -- and he thinks he's wasting our time? -- all two seconds it takes
to zap him like a crippled mosquito whenever I even happen to care
anymore, which isn't often? -- yeah, what a laugh. The only one he is
important to is himself -- and maybe Anna, because she's the only one
who'll talk to him now.
;>)
Mike Lehman