[Imc-tech] Re: chambana-future meeting

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Oct 27 12:27:52 CDT 2005

> Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:22:05 -0500 (CDT)
> From: "Zachary C. Miller" <zach at chambana.net>
> Subject: [Chambana-future] chambana-future meeting
> To: chambana-future at chambana.net
>
> I'm surprised that only Bob has sent info on available time for
> meetings and that no one has given any input on their thoughts about
> the future of chambana.net. It'd probably be nice if we could kick off
> some brainstorming here on this email list.
>
> Anyway, throwing out an arbitrary date for the meeting, how about
> Tuesday, November 14 at 8pm at the UC-IMC? I haven't checked with the
> UC-IMC to see if there is a conflict at this time or not but the
> meeting schedule (probably out of date) on the website shows no
> regular activities at that time.
> http://www.ucimc.org/mod/info/display/volunteer/index.php
>
> This meeting proposal is totally tentative, please give feedback on
> whether you can make it or whether you know of any major conflicts at
> that time?
>
> I'm thinking that doing this meeting after the barnraising is a good
> idea because maybe we can informally identify some interest among
> people at that event. I'm going to try to attend barnraising events
> myself if anyone wants to talk to me about this stuff.

I agree that a post-barnraising meeting makes sense (I haven't had time to get
involved with this because of the Barnraising itself).  I would suggest
combining this meeting with the regular IMC-Tech meeting -- since IMC-Tech would
probably be the logical group to be helping with this effort.  That would put it
at 6PM on Wednesday the 16th.

What do folks think?

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President