[Imc-tech] Website Down

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Sat Sep 24 12:28:54 CDT 2005

It is a known problem but the cause is not known. There is a cron job
that restarts the web server every 5 hours. This isn't
acceptable. There seems to be some bad interaction between Dada and
Apache but we don't know the circumstances, the frozen processes get
caught in their infinite loop before a log entry is made so we don't
know the details of what is going on.

Right now my plan is to move everything to Apache2 and PHP5 and see if
the problem goes away. I will do this in the next few weeks as soon as
I have time. It's a big job and not really something I can outsource.

Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/