[IMC-Tech] Re: internet in the basement

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:57:30 CDT 2006

Tech,

I went to the IMC on lunch and saw that the old SBC modem is gone, however
the linksys router was still there in the btp anteroom with the WAN cable
and power disconnected.  Was anybody on the tech list involved in
dismantling the SBC setup?  I'm hoping to get some help getting btp back
online ASAP.

Here's where things stand right now:
It appears that the wifi router in the family room is working just fine, but
the WAN feed comes in on a gray cable from the vent on the wall into
Melanie's studio (between the family room and btp anteroom).  There are a
couple open ports on that wireless router, but I can't connect it to the btp
router without running cable down the hallway at this point, as the art
studio is locked (and is a private space).  Does anyone know what's going on
with the cables inside that art studio (there are two blue ethernet cables
plugged into LAN ports on the btp router, which go through the wall to the
art studio and indicate a link when the router is turned on)?

Thanks,
Jay

--
Jay