[IMC-Tech] Re: [Imc-web] Email and imsahp Tue Aug 22 10:42 CDT reboot

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 24 09:45:38 CDT 2006

Having seen lots of the spam that made it past the filters, one thing
that would be nice to have is to have the option to start screening out
some of the email servers that have been repeated offenders here, but
apparently haven't made the blacklist for some reason. I regularly add
individual users from these sites to the discard list, but they just
cycle in another random username.

Examples include anything with a *@virgilio.it *address. That bot just
keeps spamming us and I doubt that we'd every have a legitimate users
from it.

Here's some more that I'd suggest be added:
*@mizuno.de
**@prochoiceleague.com
*@rico.de

I'd be glad to keep a list of such repeat offenders to be added to the
blacklist.

It will probably be easier to respond to the very rare legitimate user
who needs these unblocked if we accidentally are too strict, than it is
to keep letting these apparently rogue servers have access. Again,
pardon my ignorance if this is not as clearcut a solution as it seems on
the face of it.
Mike Lehman