[IMC-Tech] Things needing to be done at the IMC...

daniel dan.blah at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 19:32:39 CST 2006

Hey all,

I am not for sure what the official status of this group is so count
this as an attempt to try and find out.  I am not for sure if there is
a need for a meeting, although that might be nice, as much as just an
effort to identify all the things that are on a todo list that I am
not aware of.  Also, a good definition of what the tech group duties
are and what it is responsible for would be beneficial.

Currently, I have been working rotating on replacing existing machines
with new and old computers that better suit the need.  Initially, that
was replacing the streaming server that was being way under utilized
with something less then again doing that today to use a lower better
suited computer.  There is supposedly going to be 2 audio/video
production rooms both of which will require decent computers.  I want
to replace Rosa with a 1.4Ghz P4 that has 512 ECC DDRAM.  We have two
of those boxes for both locations that were donated last week.  There
is also the migration of the chambana.net server in Zack's basement to
the new server at the IMC.  This will follow the bandwidth upgrade I
have been looking into for the IMC building.  After that, there is
scrounging up any ole boxes we can find to use for public access
stations somewhere.  There is also some consolidation that needs to be
done with the RFU specific machines.

That is just a list of the fun stuff that I know about.  I am curious
if there are other items that being new to the group I am unaware of
or things that you have suggestions on.  If there aren't many replies
to this I will just assume all is well with me doing whatever needs to
be done on my own, although any help or suggestions would be awesome.

--
Thanks,
Daniel Meredith
dan.blah at gmail.com