[IMC-Tech] Moving the Server...

daniel dan.blah at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 15:41:32 CST 2006

Hey all,
I believe this is more directed to whomever has physical and server access
to the current server.  Just getting off the phone with insight we will be
able to have a comparable bandwidth solution at the IMC at a fraction of
what is currently being paid.  I am going to propose this solution to both
the steering and improv tech meeting tonight.  Provided all goes well we
will be ready to move the server from its current location to the IMC within
a couple weeks or less if everything moves smoothly.  We have the
replacement server at the IMC and I wanted to get the core system apps
installed asap.  To do this either someone who has access to the machine
needs to get me the list of services that need to be installed and thier
configurations, a list of users, and all of the other fun stuff that is
needed to replace a server.  Another option would be to set me up with an
account and I can just figure it all out.  I would also like to get any
suggestions from people familiar with the current IMC building on where we
should put the server and the pop for the new cable setup.  A suggestion
from Sascha is to place the server and following CUWIN/Chambana.net servers
in an open unused space that used to be one of the post office peep
hallways.  The access is restricted, climate controled, and open enough.
This is the same space the WRFU transmitter and EAS antenna current reside.
Please let me know of any previously discussed ideas or just what you are
thinking.
--
Daniel