[IMC-Tech] Website Slow and Cranky

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:36:12 CST 2006

Is the web server still being bounced every hour?  I've noticed that it
seems to stop responding / appear to slow way down between ten-to-the-hour
and about five-to-the-hour (xx:50 - xx:55).  Books to Prisoners notices this
because on Thursdays and Saturdays we are continuously using our web
applications for several hours.  It appears that Mikes email came-in right
around this same time this morning (9:52).

- Jay

On 2/28/06, Zachary C. Miller <zach at chambana.net> wrote:

> The website is quick and uncranky for me and server-status doesn't
> show any flood of requests in progress. Either the attack has ended or
> someone silently fixed it. Anyone got a report on what you did to fix?
>
> Mike Lehman wrote:
> > David,
> > Please add "baccarat" to the forbidden word list.
> >
> > I just purged a slew of "baccarat" ads, so I suspect we're being
> > bombarded with ads again. I presume most go to the memory hole, thanks
> > to David's work, but the flood may be slowing the server as a whole in
> > the process.
> > Mike Lehman
> >
> > Mike Lehman wrote:
> >
> > > The website has been acting up this morning, very slow and cranky.
> I've
> > > dumped my cookies and logged back in several times, which usually
> helps.
> > > However, things just seem to get slower and iffier. Could someone take
> > > look and see what's up?
> > > Mike Lehman

> Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/
> IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet - Ya Basta!
> Social Justice, Community, Nonviolence, Decentralization, Feminism,
> Sustainability, Responsibility, Diversity, Democracy, Ecology

Jay