[IMC-Tech] internet access in the basement

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:29:38 CDT 2006

Tech,

Apparently earlier this week, the internet connection was lost in the
basement and people were unable to work during the bookstoprisoners shift
yesterday.  In an apparent attempt to resolve the problem, someone again
unplugged most of the ethernet cables from the router in our anteroom.  I
took a look at it for the first time this morning and was not able to get it
working.

If anyone has a few minutes to spare when they could drop-by and help us out
so that we're back online for our big work day tomorrow, it would be
hugely appreciated.
Perhaps if we label the cables coming into the room with which plug they
belong in on the router, this can be prevented from being an issue in the
future.   In the btp room, the middle computer has an account called "Chris"
which is currently not password protected, from which the connection can be
checked.

Again - any help would be really appreciated!

--
Jay