[IMC-Tech] Re: Public access terminals...

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 17:12:28 CDT 2006

hey all,
i will have the public access terminals ready to go by the time i
leave the building tonight (an hour or two *hopefully*).  they are
currently going to be in the main space directly south of the meeting
nook right in front of the post office secure room.  the table is
right below that panel of blue lights.  the only wires running off the
table that are needed is the one power cable.

if anyone needs to move this table for whatever reason you need only
move it to where there is an available power outlet to have the
terminals work.

there are 4 terminals marked pa0-3 running ubuntu linux v6.06 desktop.
 to have internet functionality pa0 must be up and running.  to log
into the machines use the user name 'ucimc' and password 'public' (i
will have this on the table somewhere).  all of the terminals will
allow a user to browse the internet (firefox), instant message (gaim),
access word processing software (openoffice.org), as well as many
other things (go play around on them to find out more).

if anyone has any suggestions or issues with the public access
terminals drop a line to imc-tech at lists.ucimc.org.

--
Daniel