[IMC-Tech] Re: Public access terminals...

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 14:14:54 CDT 2006

Great job on the public terminals!

Perhaps it might be helpful if we post a small amount of general info about
public access etiquette near the machines.

I believe that Garry is right in saying that if users forget to sign out and
instead simply close firefox, they may be surprised to find that their gmail
session is still active on that machine and any person who walked up to the
computer 10 minutes later and pointed the browser at gmail.com would have
access to their mail box regardless of whether they checked 'remember me'.

- Jay

On 7/25/06, dan blah <dan.blah at gmail.com> wrote:

> if you choose to allow firefox or gmail to remember you password.
> On 7/25/06, Gary Cziko <g-cziko at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> > Dan:
> >
> > This is very nice, with the latest version of Ubuntu even.
> >
> > I was wondering, however, if having everyone use the same logon and
> password
> > could lead to trouble. For example, let's say I use Firefox to check my
> > e-mail on Gmail and then close the browser. If someone comes after to
> use
> > the computer, is there anyway he or she can get into my Gmail account?
> >
> > --Gary
> >

> --
> Daniel

Jay