[IMC-Tech] RFU Capital Campaign Kickoff: July 22nd

Lynsee Melchi lynseemelchi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 18:19:16 CDT 2006

Hey Everyone

As you may or may not know, WRFU is going to be starting a capital campaign
to pay for our permanent tower (primarily) and a few other things (sister
station in Honduras' tower, internet streaming for RFU, remote broadcast
equip for RFU, community events, IMC).  We are having a HUGE kickoff
celebration on July 22nd at the IMC.  It will be a night of art and music
modeled off the Boneyard Arts Fest Late Night Space that was held in April
at the IMC.  There will be musicians, displayed art work, art created on the
spot, and video installations.  There will be tons of free giveaways.  The
event is free to the public.  We will be broadcasting on the radio during
the event.

This email is to reach out to the groups that make the IMC tick to see how
you all want to be involved in this event.  Some possibilities (but not
limited to these) are having an info table, providing materials to be
stuffed in freebie bags, having our MC announce a blurb on your group (which
will consequently be broadcast over the air), etc.  Please discuss this at
your upcoming meetings and get back to us!

We will have a meeting on July 15th (Saturday) at 1pm to discuss the July
22nd event, so feel free to stop by there as well.

Thanks
Lynsee

--
Tune in to More Fire! on Radio Free Urbana 104.5FM.  More Fire! is a crazy
music extravaganza on Monday nights 11pm-1am (or later).  Check us out

"Trust can never be a fortress, a safe enclosure against life.  Trusting is
dangerous.  But without trust there is no hope for love, and love is all we
have to hold against the dark."
       -Creina Alcock-