[IMC-Tech] Come celebrate WRFU's Capital Campaign Kickoff, LiVE arT!

Lynsee Melchi lynseemelchi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 02:30:58 CDT 2006

*****please forward to everyone you know...and their mom!**********

Come celebrate WRFU's Capital Campaign Kickoff on Saturday July 22nd!!!

On Sat July 22nd starting at 9pm at the Independent Media Center (located at
202 S Broadway in downtown Urbana AKA the old post office building) WRFU-LP
104.5 FM will be holding its kickoff show to announce its year long capital
campaign.

The evening will hold:
Fun!
Many talented musical guests from CU and afar
Art made by you
Art made by local artists, including the latest work from the U of I student
who made the poster for the most recent Latin Grammys
Spoken word artists from CU
Video projections, also made by local artists and featuring info about RFU,
the IMC, and related organizations
Free giveaways!
Info related to health and other community groups/projects AKA educational
items

The entire event is free, so no excuses for not coming!!!  All other events
associated with the Capital Campaign for WRFU will be free, so stay tuned.

WRFU is starting a capital campaign in order to raise funds for a taller and
more permanent tower for WRFU, a tower for our sister station La Voz Lenca
in Honduras, internet streaming for WRFU, remote broadcasting equipment for
WRFU, building funds for the IMC, and to fund more free shows for the
community to experience and enjoy what WRFU/IMC is all about.  We are
seeking to raise $200,000 and can only do so with your support.

To donate to WRFU go to www.wrfu.net and click on the link "donate to WRFU"
on the left hand side of the page.  If you are not able to specify what your
donation goes to, then please email me or Ray Morales ( morales4 at uiuc.edu)
to let us know what you want your contribution to go towards.  Or come to
the LiVE arT event and drop a few dollars in our donation jar.

Hope to see you out on July 22nd!!!  If you are not able to make it on that
date, stay tuned to wrfu.net to find out what our latest show will be and
where it is taking place.

If you have no idea what WRFU is all about then, by all means, please check
out our website (wrfu.net).  Also we meet every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the
month at the IMC (202 S Broadway) at 8pm.  We would love to have you at a
meeting, whether or not you currently have a show on WRFU.  And of
course...tune in to 104.5 on your FM dial.  We probably have something you
like!!

For more info, feel free to email me at: lynseemelchi at gmail.com
<at:lynseemelchi at gmail.com>
OR
*2006cck at gmail.com* <2006cck at gmail.com>  (the official capital campaign
email address)

Thanks so much for your support!
and...if you haven't done so already...turn that radio dial of your's into
104.5 FM, Radio Free Urbana...the new voice made by the people of CU for the
people of CU!!!  In case you didn't know...we play ALL local and regional
music when we don't have a live DJ in the studio, how cool is that?

Lynsee

--
Tune in to More Fire! on Radio Free Urbana 104.5FM.  More Fire! is a crazy
music extravaganza on Monday nights 11pm-1am (or later).  Check us out

"Trust can never be a fortress, a safe enclosure against life.  Trusting is
dangerous.  But without trust there is no hope for love, and love is all we
have to hold against the dark."
       -Creina Alcock-