[IMC-Tech] Fwd: Fw: new mailing list for chambana.net

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 15 09:58:44 CDT 2006

One thing that may help with this is for Tech to start having regular
meeting times. This will also help get people involved in the many
things that Tech has on the table. The whiteboard on the first floor is
available to list meeting time, spokes, and email contact (which I think
I already filled in because I knew that).

To be frank, there are some political sensitivities here that might have
been recognized if some more local eyeballs were involved. It's unfair
to expect Zach to keep up with this sort of stuff, but it still needs to
be paid attention to with the vast diversity of groups using
chambana.net. If nothing else, Tech meeting notes that include a review
of list additions is a good way to call attention to this growing
resource as well as perhaps getting any issues out so that concerns can
be raised as appropriate.

The CROW list is obviously something that needed a bit more thought. I
can see both sides of the issue, but one important thing is that unless
it is an officially-sanctioned WEFT list -- whatever that might mean --
it should not be titled in a way that some might consider misleading or
it is somewhat problematic IMO. On the other hand, I presume -- not
having the time to keep up with the issue -- that there are also good
reasons to associate the list in some way with WEFT, 'cause after all it
is about that subject. Somewhere in between is a (almost) happy medium,
I hope, like crow at weftcrow.org, crow at croweft.org or something? Anyone
else have a proposal on what the next step is?
Mike Lehman