[IMC-Tech] imc net connection / gateway: dead slow

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Jun 30 14:40:38 CDT 2006

I am trying to do some CUWiN work through the IMC's gateway, and the
connection is dead slow.  Sometimes I tap a key and wait and wait and
wait.  Other times, consecutive keys appear with a visible pause between.
I don't know if this is a problem on the gateway, or a problem at your
ISP, but something's gotta give: this is painful!

Something else I have noticed is that the DNS entries for the IMC's
gateway is botched.  It seems that the IP number reverses, but the
resulting name does not resolve.  This is really sloppy on the part of
your provider.

Based on the discussions I've read here, it seems that you are paying
for business-class service, but you get a worse quality of service than
some of us get at home.  Why don't you switch?

Dave