[IMC-Tech] [Fwd: URGENT REMINDER]

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Mon May 8 10:31:26 CDT 2006

just saw this in my email...

-------- Original Message --------
From: 	- Sun May 07 21:04:36 2006
Date: 	Sun, 07 May 2006 15:21:48 -0500
From: 	Insight Broadband Customer Care <insightbroadband at insightbb.com>
Subject: 	URGENT REMINDER
To: 	insightbroadband at insightbb.com

Insight Broadband Update

Dear Insight Broadband Customer,

We have started the final phase of work to complete the upgrade to your
high speed Internet service. This work requires that we assign new
Internet (IP) addresses to everyone. We expect that this process will go
smoothly but it does require that we disrupt service in the early
morning hours one morning between Sunday, May 7th and Thursday, May
11th. Listed below is our work schedule. Please look for the location of
the Insight office that serves your general area to determine which day
your service will be interrupted.

Sunday, 5/7 Lexington, KY
Monday, 5/8 Louisville, KY,
Bloomington, IN and surrounding areas
Covington, KY and surrounding areas.
Tuesday, 5/9 All Illinois customers except those served by our Quincy
location
Wednesday, 5/10 Anderson, IN and surrounding areas
Lafayette, IN and Kokomo and surrounding areas
Thursday, 5/11 Bowling Green, KY
Evansville, IN and surrounding areas
Quincy, Ill.

*If you experience any problems accessing your Internet service the
morning after these scheduled dates, _please do the following:_*

* Restart your cable modem by unplugging it from power for 60 seconds
Re-set any home networking equipment (if installed)
Shutdown and Restart all computers
*

These steps will resolve most connectivity problems.

*Please note however, that if you subscribe to a Persistent or Sticky IP
*the work we are doing will change your Sticky IP and you will be issued
a new one automatically. To minimize the length of time your service is
interrupted, please be sure that your computer andor router is
configured to obtain your IP address using DHCP.

Instructions to verify that your device is properly configured are
available for:

Windows 98/ME
<http://help.insightbb.com/troubleshooting/windows/windows98.aspx>
Windows NT
<http://help.insightbb.com/troubleshooting/windows/windowsnt.aspx>
Windows 2000
<http://help.insightbb.com/troubleshooting/windows/windows2000.aspx>
Windows XP
<http://help.insightbb.com/troubleshooting/windows/windowsxp.aspx>
Macintosh 8/9
<http://help.insightbb.com/troubleshooting/macintosh/renew_ipos9.aspx>
Macintosh OSX
<http://help.insightbb.com/troubleshooting/macintosh/renew_iposx.aspx>
UNIX Like OS - http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/dhclient.8.html
<http://help.insightbb.com/troubleshooting/macintosh/renew_iposx.aspx>

If you are using a router please refer to your router’s documentation to
make sure that the configuration is set to DHCP. The new IP address that
you receive after this work is completed will again be set to persistent
so it will not be necessary to reserve the address.

_If you are unclear as to whether you have a sticky IP - check your
Insight billing statement, you would have an additional monthly charge
for a Persistent IP for .95 per month._

We know that some of you have experienced problems with your Internet
connectivity during the first two phases of this work and again we
profusely apologize. We believe that this upgrade will provide long-term
benefits and we sincerely regret the short-term problems.

Click here to go to InsightBB.com <http://www.insightbb.com/>Click
hereto go to InsightCom.com <http://www.insightcom.com/>

This announcement was sent to you by Insight Communications. 4701
Commerce Crossings Drive, Louisville, KY 40229. If you wish to remove
yourself from future Insight mailings, please send an e-mail to
optout.com
<mailto:Insight%20Broadband%20Update%20Opt-Out%20%3Coptout.com%3E?subject=Remove%20Me:%20%e&body=NOTE:%20Sending%20this%20message%20will%20automatically%20remove%20you%20from%20future%20notifications.%20%20If%20you%20wish%20to%20ask%20a%20question%20about%20your%20service,%20please%20contact%20insightbroadband.com.>.