[IMC-Tech] Re: [CU-Wireless-Staff] mailman links are all broken:

Joshua King josh.is.short at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 23:02:09 CST 2006

I probably should also have noted that since most of the links are
static, this is an extremely broken way to access the admin interface,
but it should hopefully work as long as you don't mind constantly
switching the URL to mail.chambana.net instead of lists.chambana.net. If
it wasn't for the fact that you said it was time-sensitive, I wouldn't
have done it, and I'll switch it back as soon as the DNS is fixed by
someone with access (if I am right about the problem).

Joshua King wrote:
> I think it's a DNS problem on our secondary DNS, which I gather is an
> OJC machine (colo.ojctech.com). However, because it's OJC, I don't have
> any access to fix its settings. The records for lists.chambana.net
> (except for the MX record) point at zeco instead of imsahp. I
> temporarily changed the apache record for mail.chambana.net to point at
> the mailman interface for the lists, so you should be able to access it
> through there. Let me know if you have any problems with it working
> correctly.
>
> Sascha Meinrath wrote:
>>> could someone please fix this error ASAP -- there's some time-sensitive
>>> stuff that's stuck in moderation and can't be put through until the
>>> permissions are fixed.  here's the error (or just go to just about any
>>> mailman-based url -- e.g., http://lists.chambana.net/cgi-bin/listinfo):
>>>
>>> Forbidden
>>>
>>> You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/listinfo on this server.
>>> Apache/2.0.59 (FreeBSD) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.0 PHP/5.1.4 mod_perl/2.0.2
>>> Perl/v5.8.8 Server at lists.chambana.net Port 80
>>>
>>> --Sascha
>>>

> --
> Josh King
> --
> email: joshuaheretic at gmail.com, jking2 at uiuc.edu, jking at cuwireless.net,
> josh.is.short at gmail.com
> aim: joshuaheretic
> --
> Network Engineer, CUWiN Foundation (http://www.cuwin.net)
> System Admin, Chambana.net (http://www.chambana.net)
> --
> "I am an Anarchist not because I believe Anarchism is the final goal,
> but because there is no such thing as a final goal." -Rudolf Rocker

- --
Josh King
- --
email: joshuaheretic at gmail.com, jking2 at uiuc.edu, jking at cuwireless.net,