[IMC-Tech] rfu website question (technical)

Matt Isaacs isaacsm at cuwireless.net
Thu Nov 9 09:26:57 CST 2006

Ken,

The websites are now hosted on zeco, rather than imsahp.  Zeco is our
new, improved, and more powerful web server.

Changing the drupal permissions in the sql database directly does not
work.  We've tried that before, without any luck.  I'm not sure who
currently has admin access to the site, but they should be able to
give you the appropriate rights.

You should have ssh access to zeco.  If you do not, please email the
tech list with your desire username and an ssh key, and we'll get you
set up with an account.

With drupal, direct access to the files on the webserver is
unecessary.  Drupal content (with a few exceptions) is stored in the
database, so shell access really doesn't give you much in the way of
being able to edit stuff; you pretty much need to do it through
drupal's web interface.

Since your new to drupal, I'd reccommend going to the drupal website
and looking over some of their handbooks.

On 11/6/06, Ken Urban <kurban at parkland.edu> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm kinda new to drupal and haven't been paying attention to what is
> stored on what server, but I'm looking to get myself admin rights to the
> drupal install at www.wrfu.net
>
> I have a shell account on imsahp, where I poked around and found an
> install of drupal, and mysql'ed myself the permissions I need in the
> drupal database. (Needless to say this didn't work)
>
> 1) Can one of the current users with admin access to wrfu.net [john,
> sascha, johnf] give me admin access?
> 2) Which machine are the live web files located on?
> 3) May I have sshl access to these files.  The are currently owned by
> 'tom' on imsaph, can we change this to a group thing, or chown them over
> to me (kurban)
>
> Ken

> Ken Urban
> Assoc. Prof., Computer Science