[IMC-Tech] Re: rewrite rules

David Gehrig gehrigspamtrap at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 10:27:18 CDT 2006

(0) Sorry for being incommunicado over Yom Kippur.

(1) Thanks to Zach for the badly needed two-by-four between my eyes.

(2) A dada-to-drupal script would be terrific.  There was some discussion
of this on the imc-drupal-dev list, but at the time it looked like it was still
being written, if I remember right.

(3) A wiser head than my own has suggested that if we're going to be
disabling posting on dada, then we might as well -- once we're sure
we've got a bulletproof backup of the directory and the databases, in
case we ever need to stand it up again for some reason -- crawl the site
one last time, with something like wget, converting it to flat HTML, and
then have that flat, frozen site be our archive.  This would then allow
us to utter those magic words, "Bye bye dada" and remove the need
for having the archive site on a separate server.

@%<