[IMC-Tech] New web server migration day October 2nd...

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 3 13:25:05 CDT 2006

> dan blah wrote:
> >things should be back and working now.  over the weekend we had some
> >hardware issues that caused the server to lock up.  out camping all
> >weekend, i wasnt able to catch it early and didnt get it fixed till
> >last night.  everything should be up and working now.  as for any
> >issues with the server, you can send them to the imc-tech list in case
> >i am not available.

Should our old public keys (from last week's www.ucimc.org)
be installed so that we can log into the new www.ucimc.org?

I had had a .ssh/authorized_keys2 entry installed, and had
mentioned it in response to the poll of existing users to
be migrated to the new server, but can't ssh in to www.ucimc.org now --
it asks for a password rather than accepting the public-key auth as
it had before, and also doesn't accept the password I think I used to have.

   Stuart Levy,
   slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu,
   slevy@<whatever-it's-called-now>.chambana.net