[IMC-Tech] Re: DNS change needed immediately

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Tue Oct 3 13:55:38 CDT 2006

Hi Dan,

Thanks, but it's not true that you only missed one post (which wouldn't
have bothered me, because it was from Sunday night). There were two sites
involved. joefutrelle.prairiegreens.org, which was in a subdirectory of
the prairiegreens site /var/www/prairiegreens/joefutrelle on imsahp was
rolled back to before September 19th, two posts and one navigation change
ago.

Whether or not it's all fixed now, we're done with hosting the
prairiegreens stuff on chambana.net. I really appreciate every effort the
tech group and all the other volunteers have made to provide hosting--it's
what wasn't done during this transition that has convinced us to move on.
I know there's enough hardware and expertise in IMC tech to have pulled
off a smoother transition, so if it's people not having time I totally
understand. If it's people considering the IMC transition more important
than keeping chambana.net sites up during the transition, then I think
we've missed an opportunity to be a community-based, *reliable* hosting
provider. I say "we" because I would rather help than complain; I don't
have time at the moment so currently I can only donate money and hardware.

--
Joe Futrelle
Person