[IMC-Tech] newly run cable...

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:20:53 CDT 2006

josh and i ran cable from the ante room into the two back rooms of the
basement (bicycle room and the school...).  with this new cable we
have run out of ports on the back of the wireless switch downstairs.
because i was told the bike coop was going to have their own computer
we have the cable coming from the ante room and a cable leaving the
bike coop room going into the school.

what this means is that we are going to need a switch in the ante room
and a switch in the bike coop on top of the switch/wireless access
point the school needs.  in the past we have just purchased these from
ojc.  right now they have both switches we need.  as tech doesnt have
any money yet and this is needed by space is it possible we can
purchase these using building funds?  the other option is to have the
tenents purchase them... but then we have tenents internet dependent
on other tenents equipment (which i dont like).  the cost for both
would be ~$60 (40 for the 8 port and 20 for the 5 port) depending on
ojc's exact costs.  with this the whole east side of the basement
would be wired up.  as for the west side, i havent had any requests
for access there yet, but it wouldnt be much.
--
Daniel