[IMC-Tech] Looking to help the IMC with a class project...

Patrick Marchwiak marchwia at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 7 17:42:07 CDT 2006

Hi, my name is Pat Marchwiak and I am  an IMC member as well as a senior in
computer science (CS) here at the university. Two of my classes this
semester will require me to work on a project, possibly with real world
application. I was hoping I could perhaps help the IMC in some way (or maybe
some other organization that anyone here might know of.)

The first class is CS 411, Database Systems.The project description is as
follows:
Students in teams of 3 to 4 are required to select a web application domain
that requires a back-end database and build the application from start to
finish. For more information take a look at this page:
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/class/fa06/cs411/project.html

The second project is for CS 427, Software Engineering I. This project will
be a lot more open ended and larger in scale. It will be done in groups of 8
people and work will continue into the next semester in CS 428, Software
Engineering II. You can look at some previous projects here:
http://brain.cs.uiuc.edu:8080/SEcourse/Projects

We are encouraged to find a real customer to work with and students in past
semesters have had success working with the CUMTD, Champaign-Urbana Public
Health Department, and other organizations.

The benefit to you is having some of the top CS students in the nation
creating a software application for you for free. And of course we benefit
as well by having something nice to put on our resumes and the satisfaction
of helping someone out.

Please email me if you have any questions or know of anyone who could find
this useful.

Thanks,

Patrick Marchwiak