[IMC-Tech] Spam with chambana.net Addresses

Bryan Cribbs bryan at chambana.net
Thu Feb 22 01:43:41 CST 2007

It is trivial for any "script-kid" to send emails pretending they are
from some place that they are not.

It's pretty obvious when such misrepresentation occurs (if you look at
the full headers of the email).

It's sane to worry about it, and it's good to "raise a red flag" when
you see it en masse.
Chances are it's an "illiterate spammer" (i.e. obsolete methods), but it
never hurts to know about those.