[UCIMC-Tech] Proposal for an US IMC tech gathering - seeking organizers to help

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Jul 17 13:32:04 CDT 2007

At the US Social Forum a few weeks ago in Atlanta, IMCistas gathered
to discuss what was up with the IMC network.  It was a great
discussion.  One of the main proposals that came out of it was to
organize a IMC Tech training gathering in recognition of the great
work IMC techies have been doing since 1999 and to help pass on some
of that knowledge to avoid burn out.

We have discussed Asheville (new IMC) and Baltimore as possible
locations for this gathering.

Onto (onto at indymedia.org) has offered to be a point person for
communications regarding offers to organize.  If you are interested in
being involved please contact him and cc tech at ucimc.org so we can see
how Urbana could play a role.

cheers,
Danielle