[IMC-Tech] Membership listserv revival

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Fri May 11 16:11:17 CDT 2007

We have an IMC-members at ucimc.org listserv.  It has 2 members subscribed.  I
have set Michelle to be the administrator of this listserv and Mike to be a
moderator.  We can change this very easily, but needed something for now - I
hope you all don't mind.  I will send Michelle and Mike info about admin-ing
it in a private e-mail.  Michelle can then add all the members enmasse to
the listserv so that we can better communicate with them.

This should be distinguished from the IMC at ucimc.org listserv which is
self-selecting, made up of active volunteers (we should ensure all spokes at
the least are on this list), and discussion oriented.

The IMC-members at ucimc.org listserv, I would suggest, is a place where all
members are automatically subscribed (tho' they can unsubscribe themselves)
and is an announce-only listserv.   I would suggest it be used for now to:

- announce membership meetings
- announce membership renewal drives
- announce volunteer clean up days at the IMC.
- announce IMC fundraisers (but excluding other events which can be on the
IMC-events list).
- announce available space for rent and job openings
- post emergency information
- help point people to working group lists where more discussion can happen
(maybe in the footer of this list)

At a future meeting, Steering should discuss how they want to use this
list.  Perhaps Steering could be authorized to post anything it wants all
members to see.

We could consider using this list for a once weekly "this week at the IMC"
posting with a consolidated listing of upcoming events and any info we have
to post.  This would take some work, but might really help to activate the
membership.

thanks,
Danielle