[IMC-Tech] problems with web server

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Tue May 15 14:30:24 CDT 2007

Hello,

	Since April 25, vital things that used to work on chambana.net web
servers have stopped working.  I'd love to hear that I'm wrong about
this; that I simply have some file settings/location wrong, but I
have not heard back from anyone on this.   I'm running
http:thebikeproject.org via zeco.chambana.net.

	Problem 1. Access/error log files stop at April 25.
		Resulting site problems:
		a) Can't debug new pages (can't see error messages)
		b) Can't track user statistics

	Problem 2. Server-side include directives seem to be broken.
		Resulting site problems:
		a) Page titles have turned from English into SSI codes.  (These
had  worked fine since Aug 2006)

	Can anyone help with this?  (These seem like the kinds of problems
that can be fixed with a quick tweak to admin-only configuration files.)

			Cheers,

			Barry Isralewitz
--
Barry Isralewitz   Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group, UIUC
Beckman 3043   Office Phone: (217) 244-1612  Home Phone: (217) 337-6364