[IMC-Tech] Re: on UCIMC website, hard to find "how do I help in area X?"

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue May 29 03:19:08 CDT 2007

agreed.  thanks for the suggestion.  yes, as someone who gives tours every
week, i hear frequently that the website doesn't reflect the organization as
a whole - even folks who scour the website don't "get it" until they come to
the space.  lots of folks complain about a lack of location and contact
info.

I have given this some thought, based on the best use of the upper site real
estate.

the banner image should include the location. or if another navigation
module can be added - location and open hours should be posted there.

i propose upper links called:
news (which goes to home)
about us
projects
calendar
space
donate
search

and under "be the media" on the left hand side could be:
- publish online
- web group (which would include links to chat, RSS, forums and other things
not used at all right now but taking up a lot of space)
- public i newspaper
- radio free urbana
- books to prisoners
- booking collective
- video group
- artist collective
- community wireless
- bike coop

And then put our address and contact info in the footer.

thoughts anyone?

- Danielle