[UCIMC-Tech] Production room clean out this Saturday at noon!

Marti tvchick at insightbb.com
Sat Sep 15 03:28:06 CDT 2007

I don't know if I will be able to come as early as noon tomorrow, but I
would like to check out the setup of the production room.

In regards to theft issues - I don't know what the protocol has been in the
past, but I do have some ideas based on my own experience.

Years ago when I worked out of the local cable office I used to be the staff
person on hand when a group of volunteers would tape a film review show. One
of the 'rules' we had was that no one could use the studio or the equipment
without a staff member present. One of the producers of this show was late
in getting his production started and when his studio time ran out tried to
persuade me to let him and his crew have the run of the place. My response
was to shut the studio down for the evening.

Bottom line is when there are volunteers engaged in creative endeavors there
needs to be someone taking a 'hands on' approach to make sure that there is
no funny business. Investing in an alarm system for specific areas might be
a good idea as well. Put some type of security strips on equipment so that
it would set off alarms at all exit points.

--Marti