[UCIMC-Tech] Share A Meal approaches - help the IMC raise funds

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Fri Feb 22 10:35:22 CST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anna Hochhalter <hochhaltera at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Hello,

I've volunteered the IMC to be the host for Cafe Luna during the
upcoming Share-a-Meal event, March 11th.  I'm looking for volunteers
for both lunch and dinner. If you'd like to help, please contact me.
I'll be sending more details about hosting very soon.  But, do note
that there is a volunteer training arranged for Thursday, March 6th
from 5:30p-5:45p.  This can better prepare us to be excellent hosts
during the meals and thus make the event successful and lucrative.

Please share the following information below with anyone who may be
interested.
Thanks,
Anna

Local Restaurants "Share-A-Meal" to Support Local Charities and Raise
Funds for Community Groups
Community Shares of Illinois partners with area restaurants to help raise
money

When:   Tuesday, March 11th, 2008

Who:    Community Shares of Illinois, Local Restaurants, and Community
Members

Where:  The Great Impasta
       Café Luna
       Pasha
       Mezzaluna
       Kennedy's

What:   5th Annual Share-A-Meal Event to Raise Funds for Local Charities

On Tuesday, March 11, 2008, you can support the Urbana-Champaign
Independent Media Center and dozens of other non-profit organizations
by enjoying a wonderful meal with family or friends. On that day
restaurants across Illinois will donate 30% of their proceeds to
support our work and the work of other non-profits in Illinois.

This unique event is an opportunity to spend an evening with people
you enjoy, have a great meal and give back to the community all in one
sitting.  It combines the delight of eating out with the joy of giving
into one fun-filled event.

Share A Meal with Community Shares
(http://www.communitysharesillinois.org) allows diners to designate a
portion of their bill to Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center or
any of the members of Community Shares of Illinois:
http://www.communitysharesillinois.org/members.php

So make your reservations today! It's an easy way to make a difference
and to support restaurants that support local charities addressing
community needs.   For a list of participating restaurants, more
information about Community Shares of Illinois or any of its member
organizations visit http://share-a-meal.org