[UCIMC-Tech] Homer Wireless: Round 2....

dan blah blah at chambana.net
Fri Jan 25 09:53:44 CST 2008

Hey all,

Sorry again for the last minute notice... some IMC Tech'ers and
CUWiN'ers will be heading out to Homer again tomorrow (hopefully w/o
the flat tire and freezing rain we got last time).  If you are free
and interested in Open Source Wireless Mesh or just want to get your
geek on, we are hoping to be to leave for Homer from the IMC by 9AM
tomorrow (2008-01-26).

Round 1 got most of the hard stuff up including the sector antenna rig
that is reportedly allowing people all over town to see the network.
Homer volunteers also got the antenna up on the village hall.  This
means we need to do the following things:
1.) Configure and connect the village hall gateway to the primary
repeater on the old water tower
2.) Configure and connect the second client access antenna (the big
square panel) to allow residents to connect
3.) Upgrade and connect the Emporiums node
4.) Upgrade and connect any other nodes we have time for
5.) Do signal / distance tests on the primary repeater (anyone
remember where my small square panel is?)
Anything else?

The weather should be a bit nicer tomorrow with a high around 36.  It
will still be cold and even colder if you end up on the water tower.
Be sure and dress as warm as you can.

See you all tomorrow,
--
Dan