[UCIMC-Tech] new doorbell coming for south stairs entrance

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Wed May 21 16:05:56 CDT 2008

Hello,

   It looks like the wireless doorbell button  at the IMC's  south-
basement stairwell entrance, has stopped working.
   I  ordered a replacement (weatherproof, wireless, battery-
powered), it should arrive this week.  This new button is designed to
light up at night  (apparently a novel and rare feature among battery-
powered doorbells), which should help new visitors locate it. I also
ordered a compatible receiver/chime-speaker box.  I'll look into
reimbursement from Bike Project and/or IMC, but will be a gift if not
approved.

The new button transmitter codes _might_ be compatible with the
existing receiver/chime-speaker box hanging in the hallway at
Woodshop/Bike Project (door 24) entrance
   If compatible: great, can use the new receiver/chime-speaker box
way back in the Bike Project shop as a secondary speaker, since there
are areas of the Bike Project shop where can be hard  to hear
doorbell over ambient noise.
   If not compatible: will buy an extra receiver/chime box, so can
have one in hallway and one in the  Bike Project shop.

Let me know if any objections or suggestions...

			Cheers,

			Barry

--
Barry Isralewitz   Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group, UIUC
Beckman 3043   Office Phone: (217) 244-1612  Home Phone: (217) 337-6364