[UCIMC-Tech] Interns for the IMC?

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:19:36 CST 2008

Hello IMC friends,

Recently, the finance group had a MSW student express interest in working at
the IMC for the spring semester.  He will be working 35 hours / week from
Jan - mid summer for free.

I know that every group has a project that they would love to get to, if
only there was time.  This might be the ideal project for an intern,
starting either this winter or over the summer.  The benefit of having an
internship position is that you can interview and then select a candidate.
You can also agree upon a number of hours or a time frame.  I think this
creates a sense of commitment that goes beyond that of many busy student
volunteers.  Giving a specific project to accomplish also helps.

Additionally, I have been posting online for volunteers for the production
and shows groups (http://www.volunteermatch.org/,
http://www.good2gether.com/, craigslist.com, cuvolunteer.org).

If your group would like me to do this, just send a quick description of
what you are looking for volunteers/interns to do.  I can help write these
up, as well.  I think this is a great way to get more visibility for the
IMC!

Nicole