[UCIMC-Tech] Re: [Bikecoop] Item for Steering Meeting 10/9

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 7 18:39:14 CDT 2008

Hi Nicole,

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 05:24:57PM -0500, Nicole Pion wrote:
> I'm looking forward to our meeting next Thursday, 10/9.  I know there will
> be a lot to talk about, so I would like to send this information to groups
> ahead of time.  I am looking into applying for an AmeriCorps grant to get 8
> more volunteers to the IMC!   But, the proposal is due on October 31st, and
> it's going to mean a lot of work.
> So, I need to know what the interest is for this program.

  Any funding path to pay a Bike Project Volunteer Coordinator
would be great.  I imagine some applicants might even have both repair
skills and a bit of management experience...

  Also, not to speak for IMC-Tech but I have a feeling they would not
mind a technically experienced (or even tech-interested) person....

       Barry

--
Barry Isralewitz, Ph. D.
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group,