[UCIMC-Tech] MakerSpace: We did it!

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:35:06 CST 2009

Hi All,

A lot has happened in the past few days. We got enough people
interested in the creation of the MakerSpace to pay rent on the studio
for 12 months. We signed the lease today. The MakerSpace is a reality!
Now we need to follow through with our commitments.

There will be a general Tech Group meeting tonight at the IMC at
6:00p. You are all invited, even if you don't consider yourself a
member of the Tech Group. We have some MakerSpace decisions to
consense on before we can start actively seeking grants and monetary
and equipment donations. It will also be a good time to ask any
lingering questions you have about the MakerSpace.

Finally, now that we've got the space we need to make good on our
contributions. You can pay by cash or check for now.

To make your contribution by cash, put your payment in an envelope and
mark it "MakerSpace/Tech Group".

To make your contribution by check, make the check out to "UCIMC" and
write "MakerSpace/Tech Group" in the memo.

If you come to the meeting tonight, you can drop your contribution in
the donation safe in the IMC.

If you would like to mail in your contribution, send it to

UC IMC
202 South Broadway
Urbana, IL 61801

Remember to check the backpage:

http://tech.backpage.ucimc.org

Thanks to everyone for your hard work, creativity, commitment and
belief in a new kind of tech working and learning space.

Hope to see you all soon!

Brian

--
Brian Duggan