[UCIMC-Tech] forwarder for aware@anti-war.net ?

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 3 10:25:07 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart Levy" <slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To: "Josh King" <josh at ucimc.org>; "Randall Cotton"
<recotton at earthlink.net>
Cc: "Stuart Levy" <slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu>; <imc-tech at lists.chambana.net>
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [UCIMC-Tech] forwarder for aware at anti-war.net ?

: [grr, I'd mistyped Randall's address, resending with it corrected.
Sorry all.]
:
: On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 06:12:05PM -0500, Josh King wrote:
: > Hi Stuart,
: >
: > I think the alias would be the easiest to set up for now. I would like
: > make it a proper list again at some point, but something was
profoundly
: > screwed up with it so I prefer to make it part of an upcoming mailman
: > upgrade when its config can be wiped and reinstalled. Any addresses
besides
: > you and Randall I should put in the alias?
:
: We can do a poll, but that should be OK to start with.
: So we'd just write to imc-tech if we want to change the set of people
: receiving aware at anti-war.net, right?
:
: Randall, I hadn't asked you whether you wanted to be on that list --
: is this OK?  I was guessing so since we were both on the old one, I
think.

Yeah, that's fine.

Thanks,

:
: > Stuart Levy wrote:
: >> Hi.  There used to be an e-mail list, aware at anti-war.net,
: >> which went to a handful of people in AWARE -- it was intended to be
: >> a first-contact point for the group.   It hasn't worked in a couple
of
: >> years.
: >> That address *had* been going to a chambana.net mailman list,
: >> but was disabled since it was getting tons of spam and bogging down
: >> mailman processing for other lists, if I understand right.
: >> However we'd still like to have it as a contact point in some way.
: >> It's on our business card, our web site, etc. and we don't have any
: >> better address to use instead.
: >> Could aware at anti-war.net be resuscitated in either of a couple of
ways:
: >>    - If it were forwarded to the "aware" local account on (say) zeco,
: >>      could we use a local ~aware/.procmailrc file to do e-mail
: >> distribution
: >>      (copying mail to the correct, and occasionally changing, handful
of
: >> people)
: >>      and filtering out the worst of the spam?  This seems preferable
to me
: >> if it
: >>      wouldn't be too much of a burden.  Or...
: >>    - alternative: just to hard-wire aware at anti-war.net mail
: >>      (maybe via /etc/aliases or whatever, on the mail server)
: >>      to some small set of people.  Possibly me (e.g.
: >> slevy at new.math.uiuc.edu)
: >>      and Randall Cotton, but we'd want to negotiate...
: >>      _______________________________________________
: >> IMC-Tech mailing list
: >> IMC-Tech at lists.ucimc.org
: >
: > --
: > Josh King
: > --
: > "I am an Anarchist not because I believe Anarchism is the final goal,
but
: > because there is no such thing as a final goal." -Rudolf Rocker
: >
: >
:
: