[UCIMC-Tech] Open House Rep (response needed!)

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 19:15:35 CDT 2009

Hello workgroup!

Our open house is this saturday, but we haven't heard from you who from your group will be there. We need someone from your group to be at the open house on THIS saturday, July 25 from 11-1 to let people know about what you do. This will be a great opportunity to cultivate new members to your group, as well as supporting the IMC overall.

Minimally the person is responsible for representing the group and answering questions, but ideally you'd also bring examples of what you are currently up to, info on the group, or some sort of interesting thing to look at.

Please let us know ASAP who will be your representative. (It needn't be your spoke). Please don't ask individuals to represent multiple groups- we want to spread the love, and be fully available to address folks' questions.

Whether you are the representative or not, please swing through to see what other workgroups are up to. Info is below!

Take care,
elizaBeth
community connections

IMC Open House - July 25, 2009     11am-1pm

The IMC
Community Connections and Librarians groups welcome all working groups,
indivdual members, volunteers and commununity members to the first IMC
open house! Saturday July 25th from 11am-1pm.

This is an event to encourage mingling of IMC working groups and to
welcome the community to see what we're all about. Community
Connections is envisioning this as a very loose "IMC Info Fair", where
each working group has a small table or area to promote their unique
activities. The IMC Open House will hopefully become a regular event to
welcome and introduce new volunteers, staff and visitors, as well as
promote the community spirit that connects us all at the IMC.

We need your working group to be represented! Please contact the Community Connections list (community at lists.ucimc.org) or reply privately to this message to confirm if your working group can attend.

A strong people need no leader
- Zapata