[UCIMC-Tech] sender ID / SPF ?

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 8 18:08:26 CDT 2009

Hi,

  Are we implementing Sender ID / SPF records ?
I saw some bounces lately from a chambana.net mail list to a Windows
Live Hotmail (some (all?) hotmail.com accounts  are Windows Live
accounts).  Their advice page about bouced mail at

http://postmaster.live.com/Services.aspx#SenderSolutions

  encourages senders to use Sender ID authentication to avoid mail
rejection.  I only dimly recall the details of Sender ID at the moment,
 -- not even sure where it stands on the good-evil axis -- just
wondering if it was something that tech was considering or currently
implementing for chambana.net servers.

          Cheers,

          Barry

--
Barry Isralewitz, Ph. D.
3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign