[UCIMC-Tech] Re: Tiller story up

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 8 21:49:36 CDT 2009

Amy,
This sounds like useful information. Having a setting of "0.0001 pt"
font (if I'm reading any of this right) just seemed weird. Thanks for
your input. I'll see if we can get something done.

Tech folks,
Can someone take a look at the back end settings dealing with formatting
text when entering it into stories? This wonkiness has been going on for
some time. Maybe just something simple?

Also, something else I noticed when poking around is that logged in
users get different publishing options when they go to post than do
anonymous users when they go to post. Anonymous posters are given this
option only:
More information about formatting options <http://www.ucimc.org/filter/tips>
which takes them to here, on a separate webpage, that is merely
instructional:
http://www.ucimc.org/filter/tips

In contrast, logged in users get this:
Input format <http://www.ucimc.org/node/add/story#>

which yields a expanded menu within the same page, of which the Filtered
HTML is selected as default:

Filtered HTML

    * Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
    * Images can be added to this post.

PHP code

    * You may post PHP code. You should include <?php ?> tags.

Full HTML

    * Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Going to an anonymously posted page gets this evenly formatted posting:
http://www.ucimc.org/content/peru-police-accused-disposing-dead-indigenous-cover-death-toll

Going to older stories of Brian's gives mixed results. I wonder if it's
a matter of changing the default formatting setting for logged in users
might help? I can't say that the issue is entirely caused by what I'm
describing, but maybe part?

On the other hand, maybe I've just added to the confusion?
Mike Lehman