[UCIMC-Tech] Re: [Imc-production] Production Meeting Tonight @ 7pm

Chris Ritzo critz1 at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 12 09:17:36 CDT 2009

I have an additional suggestion to throw out here re: new production
workstations, office space, etc. We are already planning additional
"public access" workstations in the library area along the office
wall. We could use those machines for dual purpose: public access
normally, but "reserve-able" through staffing or through the
Production group. Ubuntu Studio would be installed and a "production"
user created on the machines. When someone reserves the machine for AV
production, they check out all peripherals from staffing or production
group members (headphones, camera, firewire/usb cable, etc) and
returns that stuff after their scheduled time. But during normal use
the machine could default to the ucimc/public user with a more limited
interface, like the one currently in the library.

This is obviously just a suggestion, please feel free to weigh in.

-Chris