[UCIMC-Tech] open wireless @ IMC

Joshua King josh at ucimc.org
Mon Oct 19 09:43:10 CDT 2009

I will hopefully be by the IMC at least briefly today, I'll try and take a
look at it. The problem is, although I know where _underground0 is and I set
up _peepway, I don't know where the device is that provides openUCIMC is or
even what it is. The last time it started acting flakey, it took a
thunderstorm-related power outage in the building to reset it. If anyone
knows where it is located, let me know.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Stuart Levy <slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 09:28:28PM -0500, Jacob Barton wrote:
> > Did wireless networks get password-protected recently?  We're down in 21A
> > (as ODDMUSIC) trying to connect to one named 'openUCIMC' and it's not
> > letting us in.  Not sure if it's a mere range problem and it just works
> > inconsistently, as we heard from previous occupants -- it was working all
> > last week.
> > Thanks,
> > Jacob
>
> I've found the wireless behavior to be erratic too --
> last night from the family room during AWARE's meeting,
> "openUCIMC" had a strong signal but wasn't answering
> DHCP requests.  The _peepway or _underground0 variants usually
> answer DHCP, but the signal is too weak in parts of that room.

Josh King